Top Five | Little things to make a better day
Get exited about things you have to do for the day! It's easy to get pulled in by a bad day so here are a few little things you can do to make for a better day. By doing any of these it gives you something to look forward to and while doing this it also allows you to check in with yourself even if it's just for a few minutes.
1. Make a list and tackle it. Get competitive with yourself and make that list. I recommend making it at night so you have it as a purpose to get things done as soon as you wake up. Things come up and sometimes you can't get them done and that's ok, roll with the punches and keep going. This works with children as well, mine uses this as a game and gets excited to check them off when we complete them. Just don't forget to do something for yourself by the end of the day.
2. Make yourself a nice little snack and treat yourself. Use it as a little nice refresher as a pick me up. My favorite to make is either an açai bowl, smoothie or lemonade (I like options) - I look forward to this mid day and it's still on the healthier side.
3. Do something you would normally do inside and take it outside. Go out there and get that vitamin D. Something about taking in nature let's you live in the moment for a few minutes.
4. Meditate. I know this sounds dreading but it doesn't have to be and you can do this anywhere. Sit somewhere quiet by yourself and close your eyes for at least 15 seconds. And treat yourself while doing it - Turn your humidifier on and use your favorite scented oils, if you have the time take a bath and add some bubbles, epson salt and essential oils. Make it fun and treatable for yourself.
5. Wake up and Go to sleep early. This is a challenge especially for a night owl (me). I feel most creative at night and feel like a zombie all morning so this is not easy. Since it's not easy for me to go to sleep early I decided to get a little help from the Ollie brand and take their sleep gummies at night. These are amazing they do not make you groggy the next morning. Let me say it again for the people in the back! THEY DO NOT MAKE YOU GROGGY! This is very important because if not, it is pointless.
What little things do you do to have a better day?